COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Centro / Popol Vuh is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers. To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our workers and management and customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our workers and workplaces. Management and workers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Centro / Popol Vuh managers and supervisors have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy. Our workers are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping our workers working at Centro / Popol Vuh. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines, federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and Executive Order 20-48, and addresses:
- hygiene and respiratory etiquette;
- engineering and administrative controls for social distancing;
- cleaning, disinfecting, decontamination and ventilation;
- prompt identification and isolation of sick persons;
- communications and training that will be provided to managers and workers; and
- management and supervision necessary to ensure effective implementation of the plan.
- protection and controls for pick-up, drop-off and delivery;
- communications and instructions for customers.
Screening and policies for employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Managers and workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms.
- All staff will be provided a Covid-19 Preparedness Kit which will provide all policy info and instructions, as well as forms in the event of symptoms.
- At every start of shift before clocking in, all workers will perform a Mandatory Daily Health Sscreen & Check In which includes a questionnaire and temperature check on an iPad.
- If there are results outside the normal parameters, the worker will notify a Manager on Duty (MOD)
- All check ins will be reviewed by the MOD, and if there are concerns or questions, MOD will follow up accordingly with the worker.
- If a worker is sick or is experiencing any symptoms while at home, the worker must immediately notify their manager via text or phone call. The manager will ask questions to help determine timeframe of symptoms the direct worker with the next steps to follow. Centro / Popol Vuh encourages any workers to stay home if they are sick with no retaliation or penalty for not reporting to work.
- If a worker reports they are sick or is experiencing any symptoms while at work, the worker must immediately notify a manager on duty. The worker will immediately be removed from the workspace and isolated until they can be sent home – designated area to be determined otherwise in Popol Vuh PDR.
Centro / Popol Vuh has implemented leave policies that promote workers staying at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household.
- Workers staying at home either because they are sick, a household member is sick, or are required by a health care provider to be isolate or quarantine themselves or a household member, is eligible to use all accrued Sick & Safe Time Pay, Paid Vacation Time, and FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act).
Accommodations for workers with underlying medical conditions or who have household members with underlying health conditions have been implemented.
- Due to potential risk for unknowingly causing and spreading the disease, workers with underlying medical conditions will be required to isolate and quarantine themselves at home unless a written Medial Doctor’s Note has been provided citing they are at no risk for obtaining or spreading in order to return to the workplace.
Centro / Popol Vuh has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time.
- All workers will be notified via email if they have been exposed
- All workers will be required to monitor for any symptoms following exposure for a maximum of 14 days
In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at our workplaces at all times.
- Workers are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior to any mealtimes and after using the toilet.
- All customers and visitors to the workplace will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) are at entrances and locations in the workplace so they can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
Workers, customers and visitors are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing and to avoid touching their face, in particular their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands. They should dispose of tissues in provided trash receptacles and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated on posters and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available to all workers, customers and visitors.
- Signs will be posted in all work, customer and visitor areas.
Social distancing of six feet will be implemented and maintained between workers, customers and visitors in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative controls:
- To help ensure the reduced number of people in the restaurant, entry into the building will be limited to workers and delivery and business-related personnel. All customers are encouraged to use curbside ordering and delivery.
- To maintain the reduced number of staff needed, works shifts will be staggered and limited to the least number needed only a daily basis. Service hours have been reduced.
- All MODs and workers are always encouraged to remind each other to maintain 6 feet distance. If any worker is unable to comply, further instructions will be provided. If this fails, then Management will determine if further available shifts will be provided to the worker.
- Signage will be posted in all work, customer, and visitor areas to maintain the 6 feet distance, to not congregate in common areas and confined spaces (walk in cooler, etc).
- All production areas: BOH, FOH, Expo, Dishwashing, Bar, have workstations marked out to maintain increased distance.
- All work areas must be sanitized before and after use. If another worker uses the space in the interim, the workspace be sanitized before and after the new worker uses it.
- All workers are encouraged to NOT share any personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, etc), phones, pens, markers. Shared office items such as desks, iPads, and computers will need to be sanitized before and after each use. Personal computers, iPads, are encouraged to be used only by the owner and no others.
- All equipment used will be sanitized and disinfected before and after each use and between users.
- Centro / Popol Vuh will provide personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, hand washing stations, and non-medical cloth face coverings to workers and visitors.
- Signage will be posted in all work, customer, and visitor areas to wear personal protective equipment at all times.
Cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation
Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment, tools and machinery, delivery vehicles and areas in the work environment, including restrooms, break rooms, lunchrooms, meeting rooms, checkout stations, fitting rooms, and drop-off and pickup locations. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas, such as phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, elevator panels, railings, copy machines, credit card readers, delivery equipment, etc.
- All workers will perform daily sanitizing and disinfecting of all work areas before and after each shift, and throughout the shift after each use of any equipment and area.
- Monthly sanitizing and disinfecting by a janitor service.
- In the event a worker, customer, or visitor is symptomatic or is diagnosed with COVID-19, Centro/Popol Vuh will commence a shutdown immediately and order a complete sanitization and disinfection of the entire restaurant and equipment. Any and all food products that the person has come into contact will be disregarded. Centro/Popol Vuh will comply with all instructions provided by the MN Health Department.
Appropriate and effective cleaning and disinfectant supplies have been purchased and are available for use in
accordance with product labels, safety data sheets and manufacturer specifications and are being used with
required personal protective equipment for the product.
- Cleaning products ie: bleach, hand sanitizers, surgical face masks, non-medical face masks, gloves, have been obtained through several providers: USFoods, Cintas, Tattersalls, etc. [Describe cleaning and disinfecting supplies that have been procured, for what purpose they should be used and how they should be used, including if personal protective equipment is required.]
The maximum amount of fresh air is being brought into the workplace, air recirculation is being limited and ventilation systems are being properly used and maintained. Steps are also being taken to minimize air flow blowing across people.
- The building HVAC systems continues to be function and maintained along with a monthly cleaning schedule to ensure air circulation is at optimal levels.
Communications and training
This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan was communicated via email and discussed with all workers on [date] and necessary training was provided. Additional communication and training will be ongoing as needed and provided to all workers who did not receive the initial training. Instructions will be communicated to customers and visitors about: how ordering, drop-off, pick-up, and curbside delivery will be conducted to ensure social distancing between the customers and workers; required hygiene practices; and recommendations that customers and visitors use face masks when dropping off, picking up, accepting delivery or in-store shopping. Customers and visitors will also be advised not to enter the workplace if they are experiencing symptoms or have contracted COVID-19. Signage will be posted in plain sight in all visitor areas. Managers and supervisors are to monitor how effective the program has been implemented constant visual observations, dialogue and feedback with workers, and updates with fellow management. Management and workers are to work through this new program together and update the training as necessary. This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan has been certified by Centro / Popol Vuh management and was posted throughout the workplace on [date]. It will be updated, as necessary.
[Title of management official]